How do I install the Brainboxes Digital IO Demonstration Kit?
- Ensure .Net Framework 4.5 is installed on your windows PC, link here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30653
- Download: http://st1.staticbb.com/files/pages/support/faqs/sample_code/RunFirstAsAdmin.bat
- Open the file RunFirstAsAdmin.bat in notepad, and following the instructions in it: replace the part of the file which says **YOUR WINDOWS LOGIN USERNAME INCLUDING DOMAIN e.g. Network1\name** with you windows login username
- Save the file
- Right click on the file and click 'Run as Administrator'. This will open the ports in your windows firewall neccessary for the demo to run.
- Download: http://st1.staticbb.com/files/pages/support/faqs/sample_code/BB-ED-Demo.zip
- Unzip the zip file into you C:\Program Files\ directory
- Turn on the Brainboxes Demo unit, the power lights on both PCBs should turn red, wait 1 minute for the WIFI to turn on.
- Unplug and wired connections from the computer you are using.
- Connect to the brainboxes-demo WIFI network, password: brainboxes
- go to C:\Program Files\BB-ED-Demo\ and run setup.exe
- This will install the demo application and start it running
- The next time you need to run the application it will be installed into your program files in the start menu: Start>Programs>BBDemoApp>BBDemoApp
Ensure you meet system requirements
Open Required Ports in Windows Firewall
Power up the and connect to the Demo Unit
Install the Demo Application