Background to Brainboxes
Brainboxes designs and manufactures a range of Serial (RS232 and RS422/485), I/O devices and Ethernet Products as part of a range of computer interface cards for test measurement, communication and process control. We have been trading since 1984. We have an excellent reputation for innovative design and development, and place considerable importance on meeting and exceeding customers expectations.
As a registered ISO9001:2015 Company, the whole of our corporate operation is subject to external quality surveillance.
Current Vacancies at Brainboxes
Senior Hardware Development Engineer
Team: Research and Development
Responsible to: R&D Technical Director
Established in 1984, Brainboxes is one of the leading industrial IO and connectivity device developers and manufacturers in the World..
It has a team of highly qualified software and hardware designers, matched by a world-class Liverpool based in-house volume manufacturing facility and a global distribution chain. Substantial investments in R&D and manufacturing have gained us a reputation for products that are easy to use, highly configurable and extremely reliable. Our in-house manufacturing facility gives us an unparalleled level of flexibility and control to meet even the tightest deadlines.
Brainboxes develops, manufactures and supports its own core technologies, including Ethernet, USB, PCI Express and Internet of Things (IOT). Brainboxes' mission is to realise the fourth industrial revolution for companies, no matter what their size, using our long term track record of customer intimacy and industrial connectivity. Exceptional quality and reliability from Lean Six Sigma manufacturing processes have enabled Brainboxes to offer customers a lifetime warranty and free technical support for all serial and data acquisition products.
A key member of the design team responsible for designing, implementing and supporting Brainboxes product developments
Summary of Post:
- Design of electronic products, systems using schematic, PCB & other CAD tools.
- Development of programmable logic designs (ASICs, FPGAs, CPLDs, etc.).
- Reviewing designs
- Supporting our externally recognised quality standards e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001.
- Work closely with the senior Hardware Engineer to take over the maintenance of many existing projects and to learn the tools and procedures for developing the company’s future products.
- To be responsible for taking new products into production, specify custom equipment to validate the build process, programming the newly built products and testing the products functionality
- To be a major input in the company’s product design process.
- To be an innovator of new products and categories of products.
- Other similar duties as agreed with supervisor
Skills and experience required:
- At least a degree or HNC/HND in Physics or Electronics related discipline
- Must have experience in: Digital & Analogue Electronic Design.
- Should be able to describe projects undertaken outside of office hours, e.g. home automation, general hardware hacking, open source contributions
- Experience of working with RTOS or bare metal firmware developer
- Should have an understanding of SPI, I2C and UART
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Salary, £23K – £30K+ dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Hours of work, 37.5 hours per week. Normal working hours will be 9am – 5pm.
- Pension, you will be automatically enrolled in the Company’s group personal pension scheme. The Company will make contributions to this scheme in accordance with current legislation. After 1 year’s employment, the company will make a 2.5% contribution to such a pension, rising after 2 years to 5% of gross salary, or whatever are the current government rules at the time, whichever is the greater. Other conditions may apply to the receipt of the Company contribution.
- Holidays, 20 days per annum plus statutory Bank Holidays, rising to a maximum 25 days holiday after 5 years continuous service. Some leave may need to be taken between Christmas and New Year due to the Company’s Annual shutdown.
This position allows entry into a growing technology led company and offers great opportunities for future progression within the company.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 31st October 2017