How do I add a Brainboxes card into Oracle VM VirtualBox?
The six documents available in the Downloads section above provide information about how to download, install and setup Oracle VM VirtualBox with your Brainboxes card. Below is a summary of the contents of the 6 documents:
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 1 – Product Installation – This document explains how Oracle VM VirtualBox product can be downloaded and installed on Windows 7 32-bit Host Operating System.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 2 – Installing Windows XP Guest OS – This document explains how to virtualize the Windows XP Operating System using Oracle VM VirtualBox product and how to add the Brainboxes serial COM port into the virtual Windows XP Operating System.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 3 – Installing FreeDOS Guest OS – This document explains how to virtualize FreeDOS Operating System, the freely available MS-DOS compatible Operating System using Oracle VM VirtualBox product and how to add the Brainboxes serial COM port into the FreeDOS Operating System.
- Transfer files to FreeDOS Guest OS with ISO Image – Creating Disc Image – This document explains how to create an ISO disc image using InfraRecorder software. The instructions on how to add files or legacy software which are to be burned as an ISO disc image are outlined in this document.
- Transfer files to FreeDOS Guest OS with ISO Image – Oracle VM VirtualBox – This document explains how the ISO disc image created can be used to transfer files to FreeDOS Guest Operating System using Oracle VM VirtualBox.
- Transfer files to FreeDOS Guest OS with shared folders – VMware Workstation – This document explains how to transfer files to the FreeDOS Guest Operating System by setting up Shared Folders using VMware Workstation. The Shared Folders functionality does not exist in Oracle VirtualBox product or FreeDOS Guest Operating System.
- BL - Bluetooth Serial Adapter
- CC - PCI Serial Cards
- ED - Ethernet IO
- ES - Ethernet to Serial
- IS - IntaShield uPCI Serial Cards
- IX - IntaShield PCI Express Serial Cards
- PM - Serial PC Card (PCMCIA)
- PX - PCI Express Serial Cards
- UC - uPCI Serial Cards
- UP - uPCI Powered Serial Cards
- US - USB to Serial
- VX - Serial ExpressCard
- XC - Serial PCIe ExpressCard